Three-Year Limited Warranty
FOR PRODUCTS SOLD AFTER JANUARY 1, 2017, SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH BELOW, (WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY INCORPORATED HEREIN), STATUS DESIGN WARRANTS ITS PRODUCTS TO BE FREE FROM DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS FOR A PERIOD OF THREE (3) YEARS AFTER THE DATE OF ORIGINAL SHIPMENT (THE “WARRANTY PERIOD”), PROVIDED THE PRODUCT IS USED IN THE MANNER AND UNDER THE CONDITIONS FOR WHICH IT IS DESIGNED.
Limitation of Liability
1. This warranty shall apply only if (i) Purchaser notifies Seller in writing of the claimed defect within 30 days of discovery; (ii) Purchaser discovers the claimed defect within the Warranty Period; (iii) Purchaser allows Seller to inspect the Goods claimed to be defective; and (iv) Seller or its representative confirms the defect in writing to Purchaser.
2. This Status Design Limited Warranty extends only to defects in materials and workmanship which occur during “normal use and service” as defined below, and it does not apply to: (a) Goods that have not been maintained in accordance with instructions or that have been accidentally damaged; (b) defects attributable in any way to installation, modification, cleaning, or repair made by any party other than Status Design; or (c) mishandling, accident, fire, lightning, other hazards whether natural or man-made, or shipment. “Normal use and service” means that the product will be used in a typical office environment for 40 hours per week and carrying no more than the maximum weight defined in the product specifications.
3. Products that are non-standard are not covered under this warranty.
4. Further, this warranty shall not apply if (a) Purchaser or a third party modifies or repairs the Goods without Status Design’s prior written approval; or (b) after discovery of a defect, Purchaser fails to take prompt and reasonable steps to prevent the defect from becoming more serious. If Goods are repaired in the field by someone other than Status Design, then the warranty on that repair is from the person or company making that repair, not Status Design.
5. Status Design guarantees upholstered products only to be free from defects and that the upholstery is tailored according to product specifications. Status Design offers no warranty, either implied or expressed, on any fabrics or leathers. Fabrics and leathers carry warranties from the fabric manufacturer or re-seller, and most contract fabrics and leathers have only a one to two year warranty period. Please refer to each re-sellers warranties before specifying. Because every fabric specification is different and application for use must be taken into consideration, Status Design shall not be held responsible in any manner for wrong specification of fabric, and Status Design does not guarantee specified fabric for tailoring, wear, durability, or light fastness. Status Design makes no warranty of any kind with respect to “customer’s own materials” (COM), “customer’s own leathers” (COL), or non-standard materials selected by and used at the request of the purchaser.
6. Variations in grain, color, marks, scars, texture and pattern of wood, leather and textiles may occur as a result of nature, dye lot, exposure to light, and aging. Status Design makes no warranty with respect to matching of grain, textures, pattern or colors of such materials, including an exact match to wood chips, color samples, or swatch cards.
7. During the Warranty Period, if a Status Design product does not conform to this limited warranty, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy against Seller arising out of or in connection with any claimed defect in any Goods sold hereunder, whether based upon contract, strict liability or negligence, and whether for personal injury, commercial loss, or other monetary loss, shall be at Status Design’s option and sole discretion, is one of the following:
(a) Repair of the defective component or product,
(b) Replacement of the defective component or product, or
(c) Refund of the original purchase price paid for the defective product upon return of the defective product to Status Design.
8. IN NO EVENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, SHALL STATUS DESIGN BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES TO OTHER PROPERTY, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUE OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT.
9. THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY AND REMEDY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND MADE ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER. STATUS DESIGN MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED.
11. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR INTERNATIONAL USE OR PURCHASES.
To obtain performance of this Limited Warranty, the purchaser should contact in writing the authorized Status Design dealer or re-seller who sold the product to the purchaser, or mail its warranty claim to:
Customer Service Department